Miramar Health Center
Miramar Health Center
The Health Education Department is looking for a supervisor for the evidence-based Chronic Disease Self-Management programs "Tomando Control de su Salud" (Spanish-version) and "Taking Control of your Health." This position recruits and supervises Group Leaders in different locations across the organization, maintains program fidelity, among other responsibilities.
What We're Looking For:
- Someone who is compassionate with a desire to work with underserved populations.
- Self-starter with time and priorities, management skills, able to work independently with a proactive approach to completing projects with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to independently manage programs and make decisions to improve program and service efficiencies.
- Knowledge of human service programs and the ability to develop effective working relationships with social service providers.
- A proactive listener who clarifies information as needed, facilitating an open exchange of ideas and fostering an atmosphere of open communication.
- Someone who is tactful, compassionate, and treats others with respect.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
What You'll Do:
- Effectively coordinate "Tomando Control de su Salud" and Taking Control of Your Health programs, ensuring that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed timeframes and organization parameters.
- Provide oversight of multiple positions and program budget, and accountability to meet program goals.
- Supervise program employees, assign duties, and ensure high quality of work.
- Facilitate change, overcome challenges, face issues, and ensure that decisions are made.
- Ability to travel within Washington and Oregon and work evenings frequently.
What We Offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Best-in-class benefits including 100% employer-paid healthcare for employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Business Administration or related field. At least 4 years of equivalent experience in a comparable field may be substituted.
- Experience: Three years of coordinating programs. Two years of experience supervision preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Drivers License and applicable license/certification; some positions may require program specific certification.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Ability to work independently; ability to work with culturally diverse populations; ability to communicate effectively orally and written; ability to read and interpret program regulations; knowledge of human service programs and the ability to develop effective working relationships with social service providers and partners; knowledge of supervisory principals and fiscal practices; ability to work some evening and weekends.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ws3x92cwzc4zv59q